1st Capital Bank offers a welcoming, friendly work environment and a caring attitude toward its employees. The Bank places great value on its employees, realizing its success as a community bank is largely due to an extraordinary staff. Competitive compensation and a strong benefits program are offered with special focus on helping employees achieve a healthy work/life balance. We are also proud to be active in our community and proud of the emphasis management places on community involvement.
To apply for a career with 1st Capital Bank please send us your resume.
Fax: (831) 264-4001 please include a cover letter or fax sheet
Reminder: Standard email is not encrypted and should not be considered a secure alternative when sending sensitive personal information.
1st Capital Bank
Human Resources Department
5 Harris Court, Building N, Suite 3
Monterey, California 93940
1st Capital Bank is headquartered in Monterey, California, and is a locally owned and managed bank. We provide professional banking, credit and cash management services to businesses, professionals and residents throughout the Central Coast. The Bank is seeking a Relationship Manager to work full-time in our soon to be opened San Luis Obispo branch. The Relationship Manager (RM) manages a portfolio of clients, and is a key role in building relationships by providing financial advice to business clients with a focus on client experience and risk management.
- Conducts loan applicant interviews; analyzes financial statements and credit applications; investigates backgrounds; reviews all pertinent information and makes credit decisions within authorized lending limits.
- Determines, collects and follows up on all appropriate documentation required for specific credit requests.
- Negotiates and establishes terms under which credit will be extended, including costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Monitors assigned credits to ensure covenants, conditions and requirements applying to such credits are in full compliance.
- Develops new and augments existing business relationships through the utilization of all bank services, participation in civic affairs, organizations and an active business development call program.
- Attends meetings, seminars and classes to maintain and continue development of banking and lending knowledge’s and skills.
The knowledge and abilities for this position would typically be gained through at least 0 – 4 years of experience performing the tasks of a Loan Officer at a financial institution. A combination of education, training and/or experience, which would substantially demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities would be qualifying:
- Principles and practices of consumer and commercial lending.
- Principles and practices of accounting as applied to the interpretation of financial and credit.
- Loan processing and documentation requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of files and privileged information.
- Read, understand and apply complex laws and regulations governing commercial and consumer lending.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
1st Capital Bank is headquartered in Monterey, California, and is a locally owned and managed bank. We provide professional banking, credit and cash management services to businesses, professionals and residents throughout the Central Coast. The Bank is seeking a Customer Service Representative to work full-time in our soon to be opened San Luis Obispo branch. Under general supervision, this position provides prompt, courteous and efficient customer service through accepting and processing the proper and accurate collection and payment of cash, checks and other negotiable items; responding to questions regarding Bank products and services and referring customers to appropriate sales or service personnel.
- Accept and process commercial and savings deposits; cash checks and pay withdrawals within authorized limits, obtaining official approval for exceptions; place holds on customer accounts as required.
- Balance daily cash receipts and payments; prepare summary of transactions.
- Accept and process a wide variety of transactions, such as loan payments, night depository, federal tax, bank-by-mail and food stamps.
- Prepare a variety of entries to customer and bank accounts.
- Answer customer inquiries regarding accounts or other bank services, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a variety of records, such as safe deposit, stop payments and large currency transaction reports.
- Responsible for completing all mandatory compliance training, as assigned.
- An incumbent is expected to perform duties in accordance with established Company policies, procedures and guidelines, thereby protecting the Company’s assets.
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Additionally, managers and supervisors are responsible for creating an environment in which they hold their employees accountable for the above.
A combination of education, training and/or experience, which would substantially demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities, would be qualifying:
Working knowledge of:
- Functions, systems and procedures of an operations division.
- Money handling techniques, such as reconciliation of cash against receipts or tape listings.
- Maintain confidentiality of file and privileged information;
- Make rapid and accurate calculation using addition, subtraction, and multiplication and division principles.
- Make change rapidly and accurately.
- Receive, disburse and account for cash and other negotiable items.
- Operate calculator, typewriter and other office equipment.
- Deal tactfully with customers in the resolution of errors and/or disputes.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BANK SECRECY ANALYST
1st Capital Bank is currently has an opportunity available for an experienced Bank Secrecy Analyst. This position will prepare credit and financial analysis pertaining to a wide range of commercial loans. Candidate must have the aptitude to:Working closely with the BSA Officer the Bank Secrecy Analyst will be responsible in all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML), USA Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) compliance. Provide assistance in maintaining the BSA monitoring program, including but not limited to; preparation and submission of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), including exemption from CTR filing, loan activity monitoring, investigation and analysis for completion of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), monitoring and testing of compliance with OFAC, and the Bank’s compliance with AML laws.
- Manage the daily CTR reporting, approvals, and ensures compliance as required.
- Responsible for monitoring customer activity; and complete written narratives including SAR filing recommendations as appropriate with the BSA Officer.
- Monitor branch compliance with the Bank’s Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Ability to synthesize complex information in order to submit comprehensive recommendations regarding potential suspicious activity.
- Recommends enhancements regarding monitoring activities, including policy and procedural updates and revisions to the BSA Officer.
- Conducts investigations into customer account activity that has been identified as suspect so that a determination may be made as to any reporting that may be required under BSA.
- Conducts appropriate reviews as prescribed by the BSA of any accounts that the Bank may exempt from the BSA reporting requirement.
- Analyzes reports in order to detect customers that may be conducting transactions just under the BSA reporting threshold or other suspicious activity.
- Interfaces with law enforcement or other appropriate government agencies who may be investigating suspected criminal activity defined within the BSA regulations.
- Processes Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) 314(a) list and reports back to FinCEN any accounts for those that on the 314(a) list.
- Assists in training and education of staff regarding the concepts of BSA/AML, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC regulations.
- Represents the Bank with a high level of integrity and professionalism, including interaction with auditors and examiners.
- A combination of education, training and/or experience, which would substantially demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities, would be qualifying:
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Banking policies and procedures, with a specific focus in Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC regulations.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification preferred
- Understanding of teller transactions and how they are processed preferred.
- Internal control philosophies and regulatory compliance issues relating to branch banking.
- Process improvement and change management life cycle.
- Computer hardware and software, with Fiserv/ITI knowledge a plus.
- Federal and State regulations and legal aspects of all electronic banking functions.
- Managing individuals, including; coaching, mentoring, motivating, appraising, counseling and disciplining.
Benefits and Programs
All 1st Capital Bank employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health insurance benefits. The Bank provides coverage for domestic partners, spouses, and dependent children at a reduced cost to the employee for premiums.
Health and Welfare Benefits
The Bank offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
Vacation is offered based on hours worked, length of employment, and position held.
The Bank offers 10 paid holidays based on the Federal Reserve Bank’s schedule.
Health and Appointment Time
This time is provided to deal with health issues for the employee, a dependent, or a close family member. It also may be used for visiting a child’s school.
401(k) Savings Plan
Eligible employees may make pre-tax contributions to a 401(k) savings plan. The Bank will match a portion of employee contributions.
The Bank provides Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance coverage for its employees and their dependents. The Bank also offers an affordable voluntary life insurance plan for employees who desire more coverage.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employees, as well as anyone living with them, are offered confidential professional counseling services to deal with issues such as:
When faced with the challenge of finding assistance for child and elder care, the Employee Assistance Program offers information about what is available in the community.
Skill Building Seminars
Various seminars are offered to help employees build better skills, such as improving computer proficiency, developing product knowledge, or learning to be a better communicator.
Free Checking/Savings/On-Line Banking
Employees are immediately eligible to receive checking and savings accounts including On-line Banking from 1st Capital Bank free of monthly service charges.
Premium Only Plan (Section 125)
The employee portion of premiums for all qualified plans can be deducted from pay on a pre-tax basis.
~1st Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.~