1st Capital Bank offers a welcoming, friendly work environment and a caring attitude toward its employees. The Bank places great value on its employees, realizing its success as a community bank is largely due to an extraordinary staff. Competitive compensation and a strong benefits program are offered with special focus on helping employees achieve a healthy work/life balance. We are also proud to be active in our community and proud of the emphasis management places on community involvement.
To apply for a career with 1st Capital Bank please send us your resume.
Fax: (831) 264-4001 please include a cover letter or fax sheet
The operations specialist performs a wide range of financial accounting, statistical record keeping, analysis and reporting duties. Position requires an understanding of general ledger accounting and financial reporting. Position requires ability to perform tasks in a responsible and professional manner. A key function of this role is processing the day-to-day activities of our back office and fulfillment areas - tracking and validating control processes, identifying and mitigating risks, and capturing control evidence within the back office thereby supporting branch operations. This position is located in Monterey, CA.
• Assist in managing all aspects of operational processing, including reviewing documentation for completeness, and research of client accounts.
• May provide back-up support for ATM/Card Services by reviewing daily reports, ordering new cards, reviewing and posting entries to various accounts and general ledgers, processing Regulation E and disputed card transactions and providing customer service to branch staff and customers with ATM/Card Services inquires.
• Examines, reconciles and adjusts a variety of financial and bookkeeping records; reports identifies and resolves errors and makes corrective entries.
• Cross-train and performs back-up of other job functions in central operations, deposit services, and image processing.
• May be asked to assist with some aspects of the BSA program.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of various client notices.
• Organize and maintain a variety of files and records.
• Frequently communicates effectively both verbally and in writing to other staff and departments to accomplish tasks, resolve problems and implement new procedures.
A combination of education, training and/or experience, which would substantially demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A combination of education, training and/or experience, which would substantially demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities would be qualifying:
Working knowledge of:
• Bank systems, operations and procedures
• General office practices and procedures
• Maintain confidentiality of files and privileged information.
• Knowledge of BSA/AML rules and regulations.
• Understanding of IRA and HSA products and related regulatory requirements.
• Prioritize and manage multiple demands effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Work overtime as required to meet deadlines.
• Use equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, follow established safety procedures, use appropriate safeguards, and observe common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities.
Under general direction from the senior credit administrator, perform credit and financial analysis as it pertains to a wide range of commercial loans and risk assess credit applications for commercial loans to ensure compliance with the Bank’s credit risk management strategy and the Bank’s credit policy. Analyze financial ratios and company operating performance to monitor covenant compliance. This position will be located in Monterey, CA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reviews financial and credit information provided to accurately analyze cash flow and communicates the same to Relationship Manager. Determines what information is lacking to complete underwriting based on bank policy and seeks Relationship Managers and loan assistant’s cooperation in completion of missing information.
Prepares analysis of loan requests on new, renewing and existing loans including credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, rent rolls, debt schedules, collateral appraisals, environmental reports and other financial information as warranted.
Performs credit inquires by ordering Experian credit reports for both business and personal and reviews the same. Uses the internet and other resources to gather information on business entities, real estate and other collateral and financial information. Evaluates the results of these investigations and discusses with the handling Relationship Managers.
Analyzes financial ratios and company operating performance to monitor covenant compliance on existing borrowers.
Completes credit authorization to be submitted for final credit approval. Recommendation to be reviewed by a credit executive for structure, risk rating and other underwriting requirements. Maintains constant contact with the Relationship Managers throughout the process.
Prepares financial spreadsheets, proformas and projections in accordance with Bank Policy and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or other related field preferred. Professional experience in banking or related industry may be used in combination with or in lieu of education requirement.
Prior banking experience preferred but not required.
Basic credit training of understanding business and personal financial statements and tax returns.
Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve deadlines and provide excellent customer service.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of borrower’s financial information.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All 1st Capital Bank employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health insurance benefits. The Bank provides coverage for domestic partners, spouses, and dependent children at a reduced cost to the employee for premiums.
The Bank offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
Vacation is offered based on hours worked, length of employment, and position held.
The Bank offers 10 paid holidays based on the Federal Reserve Bank’s schedule.
401(k) Savings Plan
Eligible employees may make pre-tax contributions to a 401(k) savings plan. The Bank offers an employer contribution to match a portion of employee contributions.
The Bank provides Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance coverage for its employees and their dependents. The Bank also offers an affordable voluntary life insurance plan for
employees who desire more coverage.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This program gives you and your family free and confidential access to work/life resources, including counseling sessions for qualifying events (up to three), legal/financial consultations, toll-free 24/7 telephone consultations; and unlimited access to website resources.
The Standard includes 24-hour travel assistance provided by Frontier Medex Assist. This services provides information related to global emergency services and also provides information on pre-travel information like immunization and passport requirements.
Premium Only Plan (Section 125)
There are three levels of participation in the plan including pretax health care premiums, health care reimbursement account, and a dependent care account.
~1st Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.~